BW to Color


Original Picture 


This project was an extremely interesting adventure.  I had a lot of fun choosing from different color schemes and deciding which ones would best fit the corky colored versions of myself.  I thought this was going to be a tad easier than I thought but with the guidance of Professor Roundtree on her tutorial, I slowly but surely pieced this project together.  I would have to say starting off using Photoshop for the first couple of times, this is one of the more difficult applications that we have used in this course.  But with that being said, I believe with more practice and dedication, the road will become a little bit simpler in the long run.  

When looking for different color schemes to use in this project, I decided to choose from making a custom selection of my own, along with a Triad scheme, and I finished my last version as a Square scheme.  I believe the most difficult aspect of this project was properly cropping and highlighting different parts of my clothing and body in a successful way.  This one was definitely one of the most time provoking and frustrating projects so far but I believe I came out on the other side.  Overall, this project was a tough but great experience.  

Comments

  1. I like the colors you chose to use. They are all very interesting and unique. The only piece of advice I can give you is to maybe incorporate the colors more into the background a bit, the background of your photos seem a bit plain. I love how you used your tag brush though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how these turned out. The color schemes you used really help it pop. The only thing I would have done differently is to add some color to the background and your skin tone. Other than that, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Portrait Assignment

Autoscopy

Somewhere