Somewhere



I chose to insert myself into my favorite photo of the Sopranos cast. When researching for this project, I looked through my favorite movies and TV series and the Sopranos was an easy pick for me. I dressed in similar clothing to what they were wearing in the photo to make it look as realistic as possible. When adding myself to the image, after I masked myself out, and created a few adjustment layers to make my coloring as similar to the original photo as possible.

Some adjustments that I made were hue and saturation, channel mixer, and brightness and contrast. I erased some of my clothing to make it look as if I was behind the character next to me, and made the bottom of my photo blurred out into the black that is shown underneath all the characters. I found this project to be both challenging and interesting, but I enjoyed being as creative as I could. Since this photo was taken using a different camera, I changed the coloring of the original image a little to match the photo I placed in.

Comments

  1. This turned out really good! I think your facial expression is awesome as well as the outfit for matching the original picture. I can tell you put thought into how the light would hit your face, my only suggestion would be to make certain parts of your face darker as most of the other people have a lot of shading on them. Overall, you did a really good job of incorporating yourself into this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made yourself fit in very well! Your outfit and facial expression fit into how the other characters look. I see that you made your version a little bit more dull with less color which I think made a cool effect. The only suggestion I have would be to add a shadow or darkness to the side of your face because most of the other people have one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a good job on this project! You really put yourself into the image good. I like the effort you took in getting the correct expression and clothing to fit into the image you've chosen. I think the only thing that would make this much better would be if you have access to a bright light of some sort. You could have played with the shadows on your face much more by shining the light onto the right side of your face in a darker room to make it more convincing compared to the other characters in the shot. However, it's still a very strong piece and you should be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Portrait Assignment

Autoscopy